POSITION: Social Media Analyst, Community Engagement
The Social Media Analyst, Community Engagement position is responsible for bringing our brands to life on social media through real-time communication with fans, guests and team members on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Analyst must be able to understand the brands- communication and business strategies, and execute strategies & plans delivered to them, while maintaining standards (including brand tone & voice, response accuracy, speed & quality, etc.).
In this role, intricate knowledge of the brands assigned to the Analyst, being detail-oriented and having excellent decision making skills is critical. The analyst must be able to respond quickly and accurately to topics including, but not limited to offers and promotions, coupons details, menu ingredients, operational procedural questions, employee relations issues, media situations, dietary restrictions, etc.
Strong creativity and copywriting skills are important, as the Analyst is responsible for engaging and encouraging ongoing conversations about the brands to build and cultivate relationships online that lead to loyalty and visitation.
The Analyst will collaborate with many teams, including Guest Relations, Brand Marketing, Culinary and Beverage, PR & Crisis Communications, Internal Communications, Consumer Insights and Operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the official brand voice on social media platforms, responding to guests in real-time to make every interaction count
- Offers a high level of empathy for guests with questions/concerns about their visit, and handles each situation with care and personalization to initiate their recovery with the Guest Relations Team, always being of service.
- Publishes proactive, pre-approved content on social media platforms, ensuring accuracy in timing, content of the post, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Identifies and ideates how to surprise and delight fans/guests when applicable moments arise, and often will partner with several brand teams to execute
- Performs fast, yet detailed review of users profiles and posts to determine risks associated with engagement and make decisions meeting brand engagement guidelines
- Maintains heightened awareness when engaging to the overall and individual sentiment of the social media content, alerting applicable teams as needed
- Assists with original content ideation & creation for real-time/trend opportunities
- Provides a strong understanding of social media platforms, protocols, and social management software
Understands basic social media metrics and can provide key engagement performance indicators to the team, when requested (volume, response time, engagements, engagement rate, etc.)
- Identifies positive engagements to be amplified and distributed to the broader brand teams for visibility and recognition
- Monitors social media trends, response techniques, best-practices, and stays up-to-date of growing platforms and software changes/enhancements
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.), and how to use them to engage with fans/guests
- 2+ years of experience in social media engagement and/or marketing, guest recovery, public relations, and/or marketing
- Superior written communication skills with ability to creatively respond to guest posts to enhance engagement, build relationships/loyalty, intent to visit, etc.
- Knowledge of using tools/software for administrative work (Microsoft Office/iWork), social media management (Khoros/Hootsuite/Sprinkr), visual design (Canva/Adobe Creative Suite) and file sharing (Box/DropBox/Google Docs).
- Bachelor`s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Socially and culturally `in the know`; considered an early adopter and willing to take risks
- Able to work collaboratively within a flexible and cohesive team, but also be a strong independent contributor
- Make decisions in-the-moment, and take accountability for the results
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends (pre-determined schedules, developed monthly)
- Passion for food and hospitality, social media, and exuding an of service mentality
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of restaurant experience, preferably in full-service, casual dining restaurant, or demonstrated extensive knowledge of full-service restaurant operations gained in a support position
- Agency experience a plus