You know the saying, "Love what you do and you`ll never work a day in your life?" That`s how we live our life at Groove!
We`re looking for an on-the-road assistant event director and social media coordinator who has the same passion for dance as we do, along with a keen eye and creative mind perfect for marketing our brand to our current and potential clients through social media. The ideal candidate will have a fun and eager personality that will take our social media the next level!
This position is for a full-time social media coordinator as well as an on-the-road event assistant event director. There are two major segments to this job: part one is the on-the-road event manager position that which encompasses being on tour, working with crew members, and client relations; part two is the office component of social media for current and perspective clients.
On-the-Road Job Brief//Part 1:
The specific functions of the event manager`s role while on-the-road will cover a wide scope of activities. The reasoning is because all events are not and will never be the same. During the regional, national, and convention seasons you will be scheduled to work pre-determined events. During weekends off of the above mentioned season(s), you will be on-call to assist Groove Crew and other executive team members as needed.
Responsibilities of the on-the-road position include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the progress of the execution of each task that has to do with the event while at the event.
- Serves as link between the event, clients, dancers, parents, Groove Crew members, venue representatives and vendors.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients and venue.
- Supervise set-up and breakdown of event, as well as, assist and supervise Groove Crew at all times.
- Ensure that Groove Crew and Faculty adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Groove Crew Handbook at all times.
- Ability to be an on-stage emceeing is a plus.
- Maintain Groove standards at all times.
- All other duties as assigned or designated.
Office Job Brief//Part 2:
- Create, upload and caption content for all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Tik Tok.
- Grow all social media platforms.
- Coordinate and organize content via Monthly Content Calendar.
- Manage dance competition industry trends on social media platforms (Groove`s as well as our competitors).
- Manage all content from all Groove events, and post on behalf of each event.
- Organize and generate stand out content from events to be used throughout the year.
- Schedule out holiday and promotional ads.
- Create graphics and videos to be used on social media during events and after on the weekends.
- Create graphics and videos to promote certain items on social media throughout the year.
- Create graphics and content for marketing/advertising purposes.
- Respond to, monitor, and reply to any and all social media messages on behalf of Groove.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure relevant content is broadcast through social media channels.
- Design and create company graphics, as needed.
- Assist with design merchandise, advertisements, prints, etc.
- Vectorize merchandise designs for printers and distributors.
- Desgin misc. items and awards, including but not limited to, medals, plaques, pins, ribbons, etc.
- Use Photoshop and Illustrator programs to create designs.
- All other duties as assigned or designated.
- Previous experience managing social media for a company is preferred, but not required.
- Previous event production/management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud`s Premiere and After Effects, Light Room and Encoder.
- Must have basic knowledge of Graphic Design and skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Willingness to emcee preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and coordinating abilities.
- Must be creative and able to prioritize tasks daily and in the event of a challenge.
- Must reside within driving distance of Ocean, NJ and work regular business hours during a standard work week.
- Must be available to work and travel Thursday evening through Monday mornings during the months of February through May.
- Must be available to work and travel for an extended period of time for national finals during the months of June and July for approximately 7 days per event.
- Must be available to work and travel for conventions during the months of October, November and December for approximately 3 days per event.
- Must be available to work and travel for tradeshows. The months and days of travel are determined by the tradeshow and will be provided ahead of time.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Upon Start Date
- 4 day work week during August and September.
- Unlimited PTO (2 weeks mandatory)
- TSA Pre-Check
- Free Tax Advisory and Return Filing
After 90 Days of Employment
- 100% of Medical Insurance Coverage
- 100% of Dental Insurance Coverage
- 100% of Vision Insurance Coverage
After 1 Year of Employment
Get the book
- 6 Weeks Paid Family Leave
- Annual Bonus *based on annual employee review
- Annual Pay Increase *based on annual employee review
- 401k Contribution (matching up to 4%)
- $500 HRA
Groove Productions looks for a Social Media Coordinator/Assistant Event Director in Ocean, NJ 07712 location.
How much Social Media Assistant professional earns at Groove Productions?
The proposed salary for Social Media Assistant position at Groove Productions is Confidential.
Social Media Coordinator/Assistant Event Director responsibilities at Groove Productions
According to the common industry standard, Social Media Assistant specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Social Media Assistant qualifications at Groove Productions
To be disscussed with candidate