Head of Marketing, Investment Management at Morningstar
Morningstar’s Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s mission, values and principles to deliver investment, advisory and software solutions to enable great financial advice to ultimately empower investor success. We use our expertise in asset allocation, investment selection and portfolio construction to create world-class investment solutions built upon Morningstar’s unique data, analytics and research. This unique investment data and analytics powers our portfolio accounting and aggregation engines. The group offers a full range of investment solutions, an end-to-end wealth management platform, portfolio accounting services and account aggregation solutions to support wealth managers and financial advisors, and the investors they serve.
We’re looking for a strategy and execution focused Head of Marketing who is a strong leader and coach. This person has experience at delivering growth in a financial services B2B channel and can own all areas of marketing, including product marketing, demand generation, content marketing, campaign design, product branding, public relations, internal communications, channel marketing, marketing analytics, marketing operations and events.
As a member of the group’s global leadership team reporting directly to the President, the Head of Marketing is responsible for the group’s marketing strategy, execution and shares the responsibility to drive growth. The role is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead the marketing strategy for the group and oversee the execution of all marketing activities
- Be data-driven, metrics-focused, tracking the performance of all activities and campaigns to assess ROI and the impact relative to expectations
- Apply customer-centric marketing strategies to identify the most valuable customers and potential customers, to acquire, retain and develop customers to drive customer-lifetime value
- Conduct market research, segmentation analysis and develop detailed profiles to inform product development, value propositions and GTM strategies
- Develop compelling value propositions and messaging for offerings, partnering with sales to drive demand generation and revenue results
- Assess and refine existing collateral to ensure the “Morningstar story” is told with simplicity, differentiation, and in a compelling manner to drive customer consideration and implementation
- Own the sales enablement programs to inform sales training and positioning for offerings based on value propositions and messaging, including analyzing win/loss ratios and market feedback to iterate positioning and enhance training
- Drive the digital marketing strategy and execution including website, SEO, SEM, Digital Campaigns and social media positioning
- Oversee the digital and analytics platform stack to support the digital marketing strategy including the ability to partner with central demand generation and corporate marketing teams
- Manage and optimize the marketing budget partnering with Sales and Product to achieve revenue growth targets and support budgets and forecasts
- Cultivate and increase the awareness of the brand and offerings in the marketplace
- Execute marketing campaigns customized to fill and grow the lead pipeline with high-quality leads
- Collaborate and represent the group on corporate marketing initiatives such as brand architecture, corporate campaigns and investment conferences
- Plan, organize and execute various marketing events such as roadshows, due diligence days, conferences, exhibitions
- Produce high-quality content for clients and users such as webinars, whitepapers, podcasts, blogs and videos
- Assess, develop, coach, and provide feedback to the team, identifying opportunities for career enhancement and effective collaborative work practices
- 10+ years of senior marketing strategy experience. Ideally, 5 years of investment management or asset management experience at a major financial services provider. However, experience in other industries with significant retail experience in a B2B2C environment also highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and success across all disciplines of marketing (product, branding, strategy, channel, social media, communications, business development)
- Clear, effective communication skills and experience in a collaborative, transparent, and hands-on environment
- Experience applying data-driven techniques to inform marketing activities
- Demonstrated success and significant experience in developing and executing GTM strategies, with digital, product and content-based marketing
- Demonstrated ability to create a successful marketing organization including coaching talent within a complex business and have demonstrated the ability to partner effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience positioning a company in a competitive market and winning market share
- ROI-driven approach to marketing and a strong attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree is required
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity
Morningstar looks for a Head of Marketing, Investment Management in Chicago, IL location.
How much Director of Social Media Jobs professional earns at Morningstar?
The proposed salary for Director of Social Media Jobs position at Morningstar is Confidential.
Head of Marketing, Investment Management responsibilities at Morningstar
According to the common industry standard, Director of Social Media Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Director of Social Media Jobs qualifications at Morningstar
To be disscussed with candidate