Gradient Learning is a nonprofit organization guided by the vision that educators should be empowered to meet the needs of all of their students. Gradient Learning is rebuilding education together, with communities, schools, and educators. We are committed to meeting the holistic needs of every child while fostering success for all. We lead the Summit Learning program and Along.
The Summit Learning program is a research–based approach to education designed to drive student engagement, meaningful learning, and strong student–teacher relationships. The Summit Learning program offers schools a customizable curriculum, a range of educational resources and technology tools, professional development for educators, and ongoing coaching and support for schools. The program is used by nearly 400 schools, 4,000 educators, and 80,000 students across the U.S.
Along is a free, interactive video journal that helps teachers guide their students to reflect and grow all year long-whether they`re back in the classroom or learning remotely. Along brings skill-building resources and efficient communication into a dedicated space where every student feels seen and heard.
The Social Media Director will be an employee of Gradient Learning, whose work will support Summit Learning and Along.
- We stay at the forefront of our work: We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
- We are optimistic about change and the possibilities therein: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for children and communities.
- We value our people, and we support their growth within their zone of proximal development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem solving and in collaboration with peers.
- We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity.
- We meticulously prioritize: There is more work to do than resources. We know that our colleagues (their talents and time) and our dollars are not limitless and if not spent doing our work will do work that is equally essential. As such we are careful and responsible stewards of our resources
- We are principles-based not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
- We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our students and our team members: We believe in the importance of teaching children in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
As the Social Media Director, you`ll have the opportunity to define and execute a creative social media strategy, shaping the voice and tone for three separate brand identities, Gradient Learning (parent organization), the Summit Learning program, and Along.
We are looking for a talented Social Media Director to oversee social media strategy and content. Our ideal candidate is someone who can bring together their passion for visual storytelling, social good, and strong branding to grow our audience and build our community, trust, and credibility.
You`ll work with a highly creative and talented marketing team that includes graphic design, video storytelling, feature writing, and communications. You`ll build out social strategies, ideate with the marketing team, and oversee social content distribution and execution of plans. The Social Media Director will conceptualize and execute unique ideas and present results on performance while staying current on digital marketing trends.
This is an exempt position and a remote opportunity.
- Lead strategy, planning, writing, and execution for Gradient Learning, Summit Learning, and Along social media, including ongoing/daily brand posts, social campaigns, and platform management
- Serve as brand social lead, developing and executing best-in-class social strategy and programs with a shared goal to increase engagement, and build trust and credibility with Gradient, Summit Learning, and Along.
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools, and best practices to leverage technology and trends
- Maintain a consistent voice, personality, and look and feel for the brands across all social media channels
- Provide ad-hoc, biweekly, and yearly analysis of qualitative and quantitative social media performance. Adapt strategy based on those metrics.
- Define and establish a social content calendar for Gradient, Summit Learning, and Along, including developing content concepts from idea to execution
- Actively shape and execute digital content and brand storytelling initiatives; develop a framework for establishing editorial content strategies partnering with brand and product marketing and creative stakeholders
- Engage with and manage Gradient, Summit Learning, and Along social communities to build a trusted community and partnership with educators
- Commitment to uphold Gradient Learning values.
- Strong writing, grammar, and editorial skills as well as verbal and visual communication.
- Creative thinker with the ability to successfully follow through and execute new ideas.
- Efficiency in multi-tasking, a high degree of organization, and the ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in media distribution and channel insights.
- Experience with social media advertising and content marketing.
- Driven, self-starter who can build and deploy strategic planning and execute tactically.
- Strong experience collaborating with multiple key stakeholders.
- A keen eye for visual/styled creative and aesthetic.
- Experience with social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Experience in social media management tools to post content and collect data, such as Hootsuite, Buffer, or Sprout Social.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
- An ability to travel ~15% to schools participating in the Summit Learning Program across the country.
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in shared successes.
- You`re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are data driven and you collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills and you motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with diverse groups of teachers, Leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You have a strategic mindset when it comes to executing Professional Development initiatives.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You`re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You`re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
Gradient Learning offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Gradient Learning is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.