Assistant Director of Digital Media/Social Media at Duke Careers
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC
Working Title: Assistant Director of Digital Media/Social Media
Duke University’s goal is to be a leader in college athletics digital and social media. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Digital Strategy and working closely with the Associate Director of Digital Strategy/Social Media, the Social Media Assistant will help execute the Duke Athletics digital and social strategy.
Essential Functions:Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and distribute content across all social media accounts for assigned sports, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Tik Tok, GIPHY and other emerging platforms
o Content to include still and motion graphics, as well as video
- Responsible for managing day-to-day coverage of assigned sports
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends and adjust strategy accordingly
- Assist with updating the Duke Athletics Social Media style guide
- Collaborate with [assigned sports] creative team, including representatives from Communications, Blue Devil Network, Marketing and the Ticket Office
o Lead weekly staff content meetings with an emphasis on creative brainstorming:
§ Discuss future content, potential storylines, update content calendars, review analytics
§ Record and distribute meeting notes
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Meet regularly with coaches and team staff of assigned sports to discuss social media strategy, yearly goals/objectives, updates on content calendar
- Regularly attend [assigned sports] practices, lifts, staff meetings and competitions
- Assist [assigned sports] coaches, student-athletes and staff with social media best practices, with a strong emphasis on personal branding
- Create and analyze analytics reports to inform future decisions relative to content
- Assist with @DukeATHLETICS platforms
- Work with LIMGC representatives to create branded content for Athletics partners
- Help manage, train and develop our student worker staff
- In-season travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in communications, media, marketing or related field
- Experience with social media platforms, with a focus on content creation
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail and capacity to thrive in pressure situations
- Ability to work flexible/long hours
How to Apply:
- 1-2 years working, whether as a student or professional, in a collegiate athletics sports information, digital/social media or marketing office
- 1-2 years of experience with graphic design at the collegiate or professional level
- Proficiency in video production
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to [email protected]
with "Social Media Assistant” in the subject line AND submit your documents online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 401615694. For more information on Duke University Athletics please go to: goduke.com.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and related activities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editing normally acquired through attainment of a bachelor`s degree in Journalism, English or a related discipline.
Work requires one year of directly related writing experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual`s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.