Community Standards Manager at
Do you thrive in an environment that is geared towards outstanding hospitality? Do you have a passion for being innovative and creative? Is hard work on your top list of ideals? Are you a steward of your working environment? Then read on…
The Villages Community Development Districts (The District) tops the list of community development districts that continues to grow in one of the most scenic locations in Florida, The Villages. Our collective commitment to hospitality, innovation & creativity, hard work and stewardship help employees thrive and excel in many fields within The District. An immediate full-time opportunity exists for an individual with commitment, a “passion” for excellence to join our Community Standards Department. This position requires a solid background of advanced customer service and managerial skills. The incumbent will enjoy a challenging atmosphere and being part of a productive team that supports The District and its surrounding community. The District is looking for an individual with a desire to utilize their cutting-edge skills in support of the Community Standards department. The District provides a supportive and engaging workplace that is committed to developing great talent, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits. Do not pass up this opportunity to be a part of a positive, expanding organization.
Competitive Benefits as a full-time employee of the District include:
- Medical Insurance (fully paid for employee single coverage)
- Voluntary health benefits including Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(a) Retirement Plan, with contributions funded by the District
- 457(b) Retirement Plan, permitting employee pre-tax deferrals
- Flexible Spending programs for both Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligible
- Tier 2 qualifying organization for The Villages Charter School
Position is responsible for compliance with, and enforcement of, restrictive covenants by means of continuous resident education, including daily contact with the residents, as well as observation and resolution of violations. Position also meets with Architectural Review Committees (“ARC”) and their members to review and coordinate initial applications for changes by residents to their homes within The Villages. Works to ensure modifications made are in compliance with the Restrictive Covenants. Once applications are approved or denied, works with ARC secretary to finalize the applications for disbursement to contractor and/or homeowner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes, but not limited to)
- Supervises employees, in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws; Directly supervises:
- Administrative staff
- Community Standards Administrative Coordinator
- Deed Compliance Officers
- Assists Director of Resident Services with supervision of Full Time and Part Time Community Standard staff
- Train new staff in all phases of their job descriptions;
- Perform yearly job performance evaluations of Community Standards staff;
- Review to verify accurate hours worked by staff and approve payroll in payroll software.
- Liaison between Department and residents;
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers;
- Receives calls of complaint;
- Responds to residents’ questions regarding compliance issues;
- Speaks at engagements to groups and residents;
- Manages all aspects of Community Standards Office;
- Creates daily list of reported alleged violations to be followed up by visits to residences;
- Works with Community Standards Administrative Coordinator to coordinate daily activities of the Deed Compliance & Administrative staff to ensure proper coverage of all activities within the department.
- Public Hearings
- Attends various District Board meetings and provides testimony during Public Hearings
- Training : Conducts ongoing
- Resident education through continuous outreach programs to ensure resident understanding of, and compliance with, applicable Restrictive Covenants;
- Community Standard Staff training to ensure employees’ understanding of Restrictive Covenants and architectural review process, ability to recognize violations and potential behavioral tools/techniques they can use to successfully approach potentially negative situations when addressing residents, and to effectively answer and channel resident calls.
- General Administrative
- Drafts letters to residents in violation of their Number District Deed Restrictions;
- Prepares, maintains and produce as requested, required reports to accurately track and respond to violations (i.e. Weekly violations report indicating active violations; date written, letter sent, date complied);
- Prepares correspondence related to the processing of external Deed Restrictions in accordance with the Rule adopted by the District Board of Supervisors.
- Researches County maps and property records to determine correct property ownership;
- In order to effectively and accurately research complaints, reads applicable procedure manuals, guidelines, etc;
- Contact mortgage lenders and emergency contacts in an effort to bring the property into compliance within the Deed Restrictions.
- Assist in reviewing, with the Community Standards Administrative Coordinator, all Architectural Application Forms and site plans prior to committee meetings and organizing same in a workable format for multiple uses by others within the District as needed;
- Receives reviews and categorizes applications in preparation for presentation to Committee Members;
- Meets with resident to explain reasons for Committee denial, and educates resident as to the ARC process.
- ARC committee
- Works within guidelines of Deed Restrictions, researches and provides alternative suggested solutions for non-compliant applications for presentation to Committee Members;
- Attends weekly meetings of the ARC and meets with members to review applications and researched materials related to same;
- Serves as the liaison between ARC members and contractor and/or homeowner;
- Researches new ideas related to architectural techniques and methodologies relevant to dwelling modifications and keeps Committees appraised of same;
- Responsible for ensuring the Official Record of Proceedings and other public records from the Architectural Review Committee are given to District Clerk for proper recordkeeping;
- Provides additional support to ensure timely upkeep of imaging function.
- Provides support in preparation and implementation of Fiscal Year Budget for Community Standards Department.
- Enters data and prepares reports from databases to assist in preparation of chronology and backup material for presentation before the various Boards of supervisors for those properties that have gone through the Deed Compliance process. Prepares Deed Compliance reports for District Board of Supervisors on a monthly basis.
- Assists Director of Resident Services in preparing end of year reports;
- Communicates effectively and makes formal presentations in public;
- Provides excellent customer service to members of the general public and other District employees;
- Coordinates with all District departments for an up-to-date and accurate account of staff names, titles and extensions for District Staff Directory;
- Plans, develops, coordinates &/or implements “special” projects as designated by Director of Resident Services;
- Responsible for coordinating Customer Service information technology future needs and current challenges with District IT Coordinator and Technology Solutions Group (TSG) ;
- Actively support and exemplify the Core Values, Mission and Vision of the District.
Performs other duties as assigned.
looks for a Community Standards Manager in The Villages, FL 32162 location.
How much Community Manager Jobs professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for Community Manager Jobs position at is Confidential.
Community Standards Manager responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, Community Manager Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Community Manager Jobs qualifications at
To be disscussed with candidate