This position manages the operation and programming at Lark Community Center. They provide outreach recreation programs in the assigned service area of the City of McAllen, providing a diversified, comprehensive recreation program for youth, adults, and Seniors. This includes promoting education of present trends in lifetime leisure activities, sound health concepts, a better environment and a higher quality of life. The manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and administering specialized programs for youth, adults, and Seniors served by this Center. This position performs administrative tasks in keeping with city`s schedules, policies and employment requirements. Required to work Holidays, weekends, and evenings. Job Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the management of the Community Center building, which includes maintenance, scheduling, custodial services, and security.
2. Coordinates all public recreation programs served by the Community Center.
3. Prepares and presents recreation programs for youth, adult, and seniors and assesses such programs
4. Involved in the planning, developing, coordinating and implementing of special events. These include, but are not limited to community center events, the Golden Age Olympics, the Holiday Parade, the Fourth of July Program and the McAllen Marathon, or as designated by the Deputy Director of Programs.
5. Conducts training sessions and workshops to instruct and prepare staff and volunteers to adequately perform their responsibilities. Responsible for hiring, scheduling and maintaining a trained staff to meet the criteria of work assignments and departmental objectives.
6. Prepares and distributes marketing material, including pamphlets, brochures, departmental literature and media coverage in an effort to promote Community Center.
7. Meets with community and school organizations to develop plans and propose programs.
8. Prepares regular financial reports and surveys showing participation, expenses and income on various programs as directed by Deputy Director of Programs.
9. Assists with the budget planning process. Accountable for analyzing the financial expenditures of all programming under their control; Generates cost analysis for determining the benefits of programs versus cost.
10. Handles emergency situations as they occur. Responsible for proper documentation concerning all accidents and incidents and incidents as per city policy (i.e., falls, loss of bodily functions, cuts and heart attacks).
11. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing special recognition and incentive programs/events for program volunteers.
12. Performs functions at Lark Community Center or at various City locations and events.
13. In times of emergencies (hurricane, flood, etc.) employee assists in coordinating and operating shelter facilities under the direction of the Parks and Recreation Director.
14. Must occasionally make rapid decisions, work with short deadlines and adversity, requiring sound judgment and emotional stability. Often times, scheduled work becomes unstructured, requiring ability to be flexible and to handle diverse conditions. Many decisions cannot be deferred. Heavy work flow is considered typical for this kind of job.
15. Perform other job related duties as required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Requirements - 1. Job requires a Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university in Parks and Recreation Administration, Public Recreation, Physical Education or related field.
2. Job requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience in all phases of recreation and sports activities, or a combination of undergraduate study in the field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative position in Parks & Recreation or Community Center operations.
3. Job requires a current, valid Texas Class C driver`s license.
4. Must have a thorough knowledge of recreation programming, and effective communication skills.
5. Employee frequently has contacts that require interaction with outside agencies and the general public, especially parents. Many contacts require stating the city`s policies and enforcing rules. Employee must interact with the neighborhoods around the center.
6. Bilingual background in English and Spanish preferred. Physical Requirements
1. Some hazard to health or body including possible over exposure to sun, heat exhaustion and heavy physical demands.
2. May personally perform first aid duties and may also be required to work in vehicular traffic during special events outside of the building.
3. Works mostly indoors and periodically outdoors, with varied schedule on a weekly basis, including weekends. Involves sitting, standing, driving. Must posses good physical agility and good health, as associated with sports. Normal work week regularly exceeds 40 hours and/or five days per week. Additional Information
1. This is a safety sensitive position subject to drug and alcohol testing.
2. Supervises 60 Part-time seasonal-directly (number of employees varies depending on demand, work schedules and season) and 100 Volunteers-directly and indirectly.
3. Employee directly supervises 7-10 employees and indirectly supervises approximately 175 employees and volunteers. Disclaimer
This job description summarizes essential job functions and minimum job requirements for entry level work and typical duties illustrative of the type of work customarily assigned and performed in this position. However, this job description does not represent every aspect of the job nor does it guarantee permanent employment, as all positions with the City of McAllen are employment at will positions. Job descriptions are subject to periodic updates and modifications. The City reserves the right to change work assignments and other aspects of a job. The City of McAllen is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local laws. Application Special Instructions
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
City of McAllen looks for a Lark CC- Community Center Manager in Community Center Manager - McAllen, TX location.
The proposed salary for Community Manager Jobs position at City of McAllen is Confidential.
According to the common industry standard, Community Manager Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
To be disscussed with candidate
... there are "weeks of high fashion and haute couture shows" - this is the period from November to February, when all authoritative sources publish articles on the topic "Trends of the coming year", and...
...ual identities are of great interest to various scams. Since creating and filling an account with data takes time, effort and even money, fraudsters prefer stealing accounts of real people. In such a ...
...abs.com/blog/digital-transformation-in-banking">digital transformation in bankingtrend, you need to understand what difficulties you will face. Don't underestimate the rate at which your product ...
...rch of a Content Marketing Specialist to assist the company’s CEO with marketing her personal brand. Is this you? Find more details below!
The Content Mar...