La Mer is a brand that represents hope, healing and one man’s deep respect for the power of the living sea. It all began over fifty years ago when Dr. Max Huber, a physicist, embarked on a healing quest after a lab accident. Twelve years and 6,000 experiments later, Miracle Broth — the legendary elixir — was born.
Since joining The Estée Lauder Companies in 1995, La Mer has become the most coveted skin care brand in the world. Based in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City, La Mer is a collaborative, dynamic and closely connected group that has built the brand into a global beauty powerhouse and a leader in ultra-luxury skincare.
La Mer is seeking a social media professional to work within the Global Social Media team to support, optimize and grow our social media properties. With a core focus on community management, social listening and reporting, this role is part of a dynamic, fast-paced team that relies on strong cross-functional relationships, keen brand awareness and excellent judgement. Reporting to the Executive Director of Global Content & Social Media, the Coordinator will be a member of a Global team and dually support both Global/NA initiatives in addition to acting as a resource for international Markets.
Global Social Media
- Actively monitor UGC and work with brand UGC management tool in tagging and categorizing UGC for multi-platform use across markets.
- Partner with Global Communications in crafting responses to potential consumer questions for key launches as needed.
- Foster the creation and facilitation of brand responses as part of internal initiatives.
- Lead the social analytics reporting efforts on a both regular and ad hoc basis, demonstrating an understanding of relevant metrics and documentation.
- Support the organization and implementation of daily tools and resources, including budget.
- Contribute to the continued evolution of the brand’s social media strategy by executing with the Executive Director, Global Content & Social in updating social strategy guidelines.
North America Social Media & Community Management
- Lead the monitoring and community management efforts of the Global/NA social channels.
- Liaise with the ELC Customer Service and escalation teams as part of daily community management and process.
- Support NA and other relevant markets with content upload needs and ADA compliancy.
- Lead the selection, review, approval and execution of ratings & reviews as it pertains to our social strategy.
- Work with social insights tools to keep a close eye on content, constantly aware of what is performing (or what is not) and continuing to optimize on Global/NA channels.
- Synthesize results, identify learnings and turn insights to action plans.
- Partner with North America marketing teams to support local promotions and .com needs.
Secondary Social Campaigns
- Collaborate with the Associate, Social Media in designing social media campaigns supporting Tier 2 programs based on key business objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Position requires 1-2 years of social media / community management experience, ideally in a corporate environment––luxury or beauty a plus.
- Should be a self-starter and have a keen ability to work on multiple projects with multiple cross-functional partners and teams.
- Must possess pro-active critical thinking skills and the ability to take initiative, anticipate next steps and offer recommendations and solutions.
- Must be consumer-obsessed, eager to analyze and engage with our audience on a daily basis with a fundamental interest in community and trends.
- Must be organized and highly detail-oriented, double-checking work with unprompted follow-through.
- Must be professional team-player, flexible, positive, engaged, responsible, creative and willing to continually learn with the potential and desire to assume increased responsibility.
- Must have strong and concise verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Should demonstrate a passion for the beauty business.
1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company`s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact [email protected]