Assistant Social Media Editor, Serious Eats at Dotdash Meredith
About Your Role:
Serious Eats is seeking a full-time assistant social media editor to join our team. The primary goal of this role is promoting Serious Eats on social media channels, producing standout content across all platforms, and assisting the Social Media Editor in achieving our ambitious future social media goals. This role is ideal for someone who (1) has experience writing copy for social media accounts, (2) has a strong visual eye, and (3) above all, adores food. This position reports to our Social Media Editor.
As a food website that reaches millions per month, Serious Eats has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
About Your Contributions:
Promote Serious Eats content with intention and strategy in mind to increase our social reach and audience. (Current platforms include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and TikTok.)
- Monitor all accounts routinely, surface issues that arise on any platform and assist with community management.
- Assist our Social Media Editor in enforcing our brand’s social voice, putting guidelines in place for takeovers, visual best practices, and written copy.
- Work with Social Media Editor to execute campaigns around editorial tentpoles.
- Pitch social media take-overs, initiatives, and other social-only campaigns.
- Generate and analyze performance reports for all of our social media platforms, and use these reports to contribute to future strategy conversations.
- Keep on top of social media trends and explore new, emerging platforms.
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash Meredith. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash Meredith recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a
account belonging to a Dotdash Meredith Recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to
1+ years experience managing or contributing to a brand’s social media platforms
- Excellent written communication skills; experience writing engaging copy specifically for the web and social media
- Experience with and enthusiasm for using analytics tools to create reports
- Experience with visual storytelling, creating pins, and basic photography
- A love for all things related to food, cooking, and being in the kitchen, and a deep passion for connecting people through social media
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- Self-driven; high degree of collaboration, organization, and positivity; ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment
Dotdash Meredith looks for a Assistant Social Media Editor, Serious Eats in New York, NY 10036 location.
How much Social Media Assistant Jobs professional earns at Dotdash Meredith?
The proposed salary for Social Media Assistant Jobs position at Dotdash Meredith is Confidential.
Assistant Social Media Editor, Serious Eats responsibilities at Dotdash Meredith
According to the common industry standard, Social Media Assistant Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Social Media Assistant Jobs qualifications at Dotdash Meredith
To be disscussed with candidate