The Assistant Digital Marketing Manager supports Samuel Merritt University (SMU) in developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing with a focus on organic, paid, and remarketing for search engine results page (SERP)and social media campaigns as well as email and other marketing campaigns. These marketing efforts also include the creating of video, animation, and multimedia across platforms.
Salary $85,000 to $105,000 depending on experience.
The Assistant Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for conceiving, creating, and presenting for review and approval compelling social media marketing content (both narrative and multi-media). They oversee the development of organic posts, curate and repackage existing content, and create ads that call attention to SMU’s academic units, brand messaging pillars, and vision and mission. The successful candidate proactively recommends a robust organic social media planning and posting regimen for SMU-relevant topics as well as appropriate days, weeks, and months of celebration. Specific attention should be paid to topics such as health sciences, healthcare, SMU events, SMU faculty, staff, alumni, and student achievements, issues in higher education, social issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion, and others as they emerge.
The Assistant Digital Marketing Manager has responsibility for growing SMU’s social media audiences and increasing engagement with the University’s social channels and website (click through rates)—with the broad goal of bolstering requests for information on the University’s academic programs and non-academic events and also to support Alumni Relations and Advancement efforts.
The successful candidate has experience planning, developing, and executing strategic marketing initiatives on social media, Google Ads, and email. The successful candidate consistently cultivates and maintains personal relationships—both digitally and face-to-face—with students, faculty, staff, and alumni as sources of original and curated content and serves as a resource for digital marketing best practices and training.
The candidate should have proven planning, organizational, and project management skills as well as the willingness and ability to learn and adopt the use of new technologies and information systems. Long-term planning is an essential part of the role, as the successful candidate will present at least quarterly analytics on social media, digital ads, and email campaign performance in an easily digestible format.
The candidate also stays abreast of, social media, digital ads, and email marketing best practices, emerging trends, and data-driven user habits to suggest enhancements to the University’s presence across these platforms.
The successful candidate is comfortable in an environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
The description of responsibilities below is not necessarily an all-inclusive list.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
All items listed below are considered “essential job functions” for ADA purposes
(60%) Social Media Marketing
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the University’s social channels:
- Maintain a robust organic social media presence with up-to-date, relevant, and engaging content to achieve audience growth, drive traffic to the University website, and promote brand awareness
- Differentiate the University’s social media platform personalities to deliver a variety of content to different audiences, including, for example, events on Facebook; and professional, industry, and work-related posts on LinkedIn
- Work with the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing to create and optimize high-quality, error free content including approvals, fact-checking, keyword development, hashtags, editing, and final proofing
- Create and maintain a social media content calendar that looks 3-4 weeks ahead, and includes appropriate observance days for higher education, healthcare, holiday, and other related topics
- Develop and provide quarterly meaningful dashboard of social channel metrics and campaign analytics
- Create multi-media content for audience engagement
- Create and edit photo and video content (~.15-.30 second) appropriate to social media platforms
- Maintain brand guidelines for images and video across digital platforms
- Archive and organize media files
(30%) Digital and Other Marketing Campaigns
Conceive and execute marketing campaigns that connect and enhance SMU’s relationship with potential students, current students, alumni, faculty, staff, and donors.
- Partner with Office of Admissions and beyond to market the University’s academic programs on SERP and social media
- Partner with Office of Advancement to assist in the creation of effective outreach to increase donor and alumni engagement, including supporting email campaigns to promote giving and attendance at events
- With the Associate Director of Digital Communications, build a holistic marketing funnel for all of SMU
- Create insightful quarterly- and campaign-specific reporting that leads to more productive marketing campaigns in the future.
(10%) Strategic Marketing Collaboration and Digital Video Production
- Work with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, and Web and Digital Projects Specialist, in appropriate consultation with the Office of Admission and beyond, to identify marketing personas and target audiences
- Work with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, and Web and Digital Projects Specialist to utilize best practices in SEO and hashtags
- Work with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, and Web and Digital Projects Specialist to take advantage of remarketing with social media, digital ads, and email marketing
- Assist with the dissemination of targeted emails to constituent groups as needed
- Ensure that social media and digital marketing standards and policies are followed across University-branded platforms
- Act as producer for 2-3, 3-to-5-minute marketing videos annually shot and edited to spec by a third-party vendor
- Provide strategic advice and support related to non-digital marketing opportunities, such as murals, digital signage, radio, etc.
- Conceptualize marketing opportunities to raise awareness of the University brand to prospective students and the public-at-large
Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise with social media listening, publishing, and analytics tools
- Demonstrated expertise conceiving, executing, managing, and reporting on social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter)
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Suite – Photoshop, Premiere Pro.
- Proven planning, organizational and multi-task project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience in brand positioning
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to consistently negotiate expectations and outcomes with internal management and external vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and work within an environment of shifting priorities to deliver a quality digital user experience
- Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism
- Understanding of working within higher education or institutional structure for approval processes
- Knowledge of content relationship management applications and uses
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, public relations, journalism, or associated field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in higher education or institutional communications, digital communications, or corporate marketing
- Mix of experience in writing, editing, and social media management
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job:
- Familiarity with marketing, branding, and related communications fields preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of social media platforms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The employee must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of communication.
- Able to travel to learning center campuses in Bay Area and Sacramento and other to-be-determined campus locations.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Organization:Samuel Merritt University
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health looks for a Samuel Merritt University-Assistant Digital Marketing Manager-Communications in Oakland, CA location.
How much Social Media Assistant Jobs professional earns at Sutter Health?
The proposed salary for Social Media Assistant Jobs position at Sutter Health is Confidential.
Samuel Merritt University-Assistant Digital Marketing Manager-Communications responsibilities at Sutter Health
According to the common industry standard, Social Media Assistant Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Social Media Assistant Jobs qualifications at Sutter Health
To be disscussed with candidate