Jefferson Solutions, the government consulting company of Jefferson Consulting Group, a well-respected, woman-owned small business in Washington, D.C. seeks highly qualified individuals to serve as Technical Assistance - Communication Analyst/Social Media Strategist
in support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA).
USAID/LPA serves as the primary liaison between USAID and the American people, Congress, the media, and other key constituencies. With a portfolio of almost $8 million, LPA has overall responsibility for the entire Agency’s communications and provides overall coordination for all aspects of legislative and public affairs. In addition, LPA directs the Agency’s communication strategy and policies; is responsible for communicating positioning, messaging, and branding; develops outreach and educational programs; leads the Agency’s online marketing strategy and manages the external and internal web presences; and produces events and promotional publications and products to generate support for USAID’s mission.
The Communications Analyst writes and edits content for USAID’s flagship social media accounts. As part of the Office of Strategic Communications, the Communications Analyst/Social Media Strategist helps to lead creation of content across social media platforms in support of USAID programs and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and manage agency social media accounts.
- Act as a key point of contact for creation and scheduling of social media content on Agency accounts in support of cohesive external Agency messages.
- Work across teams to ensure social media toolkits, messaging, and resource guides arefinalized for distribution to key stakeholders, including internal and externalaudiences.
- Oversee strategic implementation of distribution plans.
- Respond to social media inquiries and comments in real time.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to drive, join, or share ongoing digital conversations that relate to Agency strategic priorities.
- Update and implement a strategic social media strategy and best practices style guide to emphasize distribution of core messaging priorities, increase reach to audiences, and
deepen audience engagement in line with the LPA public affairs strategy.
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions on new and innovative social media tactics in support of USAID priorities.
- Evaluate efficacy of new social media tactics.
- Design and supports implementation of strategic communicationscampaigns.
- Develop social media guidance for use across Agency missions, bureaus, partners, principals, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze and interpret social media and content data to determine the climate of U.S. public opinion regarding USAID programs, policies, and objectives.
- Discover and report to LPA leadership on how national social media trends affect the Agency and its work.
- Create and edit digital graphics andphotos.
- Manage digital video editing, as needed.
- Perform other position-related writing duties as needed.
- The ability to obtain a Secret Level Security Clearance is required.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in strategic communications.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Direct experience working on events for the US Government, foreign governments and international organizations. Direct international experience required
Jefferson Consulting Group looks for a Communication Analyst/Social Media Strategist (USAID-LPA) in Washington, DC 20006 location.
How much Social Media Analyst Jobs professional earns at Jefferson Consulting Group?
The proposed salary for Social Media Analyst Jobs position at Jefferson Consulting Group is Confidential.
Communication Analyst/Social Media Strategist (USAID-LPA) responsibilities at Jefferson Consulting Group
According to the common industry standard, Social Media Analyst Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Social Media Analyst Jobs qualifications at Jefferson Consulting Group
To be disscussed with candidate