Under direction of the Marketing Director, the Marketing Assistant/Brand Ambassador is responsible for providing customer service on the sales floor, production support for graphics and social media; set-up and take down of events, demoing products and general support of marketing initiatives, programs and supplies. The position provides support to all aspects of marketing and branding that engages customers and members, celebrates our products and services in a manner that upholds the values of Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op and the cooperative identity.
REPORTS TO Marketing Director
FLSA STATUS Non-exempt/Fulltime
PAY RANGE $16.00 - 21.25/ hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Upholds all Co-op policies, procedures and expectations.
- Serve as a knowledgeable product ambassador on the sales floor, offering support to shoppers with their dietary preferences, recipe ingredients, cooking and preparation specifics.
- Administers production support for graphics and branding, such as updating signage templates, cut, trim and laminating signage and other physical branding.
- Assist the graphics team with all aspects of branding including support with social media content and video creation as requested.
- Procuring products and content for branding purposes.
- Facilitate and/or administer passive and/or active demos to customers in a manner that best represents our products and services.
- Provide general administrative support to marketing.
- Receiving items and deliveries and maintain back stock and storage of marketing supplies.
- Assist with set up and/or take down of events. Provide excellent services during events, which may include handling of food and will include weekend and evening/nighttime availability as needed.
- Provide onsite or offsite support on weekends, evenings/night as needed. The position also provides onsite Marketing support on Sundays.
- Exceed our customers expectations for service and provide a welcoming environment for all people and all diverse backgrounds and in accordance with the Co-ops customer service standards.
- Model, provide, and ensure customers receive prompt, friendly and courteous services in a professional manner that markets our cooperative advantage.
- Help customers make product selections by answering questions and providing information about ingredients in all food items.
- Maintain a calm and friendly demeanor with all customers and in all situations.
- Provide prompt and accurate administrative assistance to the department.
- Maintain department files, records, and electronic databases.
- Assist in the training of other staff persons as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
- Attend meetings and events as requested.
- Demonstrate support for the cooperative values and principles daily.
- Compile information and contributes to reports as needed.
- Perform other duties and work in other departments as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Communicate effectively in oral or written form to staff.
- Effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
- Produce clear and understandable written procedures for standard tasks
- Add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Perform these operations using units of U.S. currency and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, website, social media, and timeclock software proficiently.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Manages competing demands.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Attendance and Punctuality
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Weekend and evening/night availability.
- Responds to management direction.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Work quickly and accurately with a sense of urgency.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Strive to increase productivity.
Safety and Security
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Co-op patrons at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to a manager.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Follow all safe food handling guidelines as required by local, state, and federal laws.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent Physical Demands
- Stand for extended periods of time on cement.
- Use hands to type, grasp, handle and feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Walk, climb, balance, and stoop.
- Lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Talk and hear.
- Taste food.
Occasional Physical Demands
- Sit and review information on a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Lift and move up 20 -50 pounds.
Specific Vision Ability
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties of the position are performed in a well-lighted, temperature controlled office environment.
- Fumes or airborne particles ranging from natural to chemical.
- Cold to hot, and wet or humid conditions (weather and non-weather).
- Hand washing and wearing disposable gloves.
- Work with knives and other tools including plastic and metal.
- Work with various cleaning products including bleach.
- Handle meat, seafood, dairy, and other animal products as well as nuts, soy, corn, and other non-animal products.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate to loud.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.