Assistant Director of Creative Services, Social Media at Duke Careers
ATHLETICS DEPT ASSISTANT
Working Title: Assistant Director of Creative Services, Social Media
Duke Athletics is seeking a creative and energetic Assistant Director of Creative Services, Social Media to join the External Relations team and play a key role in executing the digital and social strategy. This position reports to the Executive Director of Creative Services.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Manage the day-to-day content of assigned sport social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other emerging platforms
- Collaborate with External Relations team, including representatives from Blue Devil Network, communications, creative services, marketing, and the ticket office, to develop strategic content across platforms
- Assist assigned sport coaches and student-athletes with social media best practices, including a strong emphasis on personal branding
- Work with Learfield IMG representatives to create branded content for Duke Athletics partners
- Attend assigned sport competitions and produce live social content
- Assist with updating the Duke Athletics Social Media style guide
- Create and analyze analytics reports to inform future decisions relative to content
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- May travel with assigned teams when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, media, marketing, or related field
- Experience with social media platforms with a focus on content creation
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and capacity to thrive in high pressure situations
How to Apply:
- 1-2 years working, whether as a student or professional, in a collegiate athletics sports information, digital/social media, or marketing office
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with video production
Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to careers.duke.edu.
Work requires analytical, communication and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor`s degree program.
No experience required beyond bachelor`s degree.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual`s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.