Meta designs, builds, and operates some of the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Developing, operating and managing the data center infrastructure and facilities the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability, flexibility and capital and operational cost efficiency in a safe, healthy working environment. Additionally, it is important to us that we play a positive role in the communities in which we operate our data centers.Meta is seeking an experienced individual to join our data center community development team. This role will partner with our site selection, operations, communications, and public policy teams to advance community development initiatives and maintain important relationships in each of our global data center regions. The ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (up to 50%).
- Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the data center community. This includes local elected officials, business organizations, non-profit organizations, local school districts, etc.
- Partner with internal teams to understand company and infrastructure related goals and initiatives and how to advance them at the local level.
- Maintain and optimize Facebook`s regional data center community development plan.
- Build strong relationships with local community partners.
- Monitor local community needs and report back to leadership with regular cadence.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to develop strategies for community involvement.
- Coordinate diligence and strategic planning surrounding charitable activities and other community initiatives.
- Familiarity with local and state policy and legislative processes. Have an understanding of legislative proceedings and planning.
- Manage external relationships through engagements and media interviews in local markets.
- Lead various projects related to our data centers as needed.
- 7+ years of experience with state and local policy, government relations, economic development or public facing engagement.
- Bachelor`s degree in political science, communications, business or relative experience.
- Knowledge of nonprofit grants, donation, and corporate social responsibility planning.
- Data center experience
- JD or MPA
- Government relation experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]